Black & Veatch – Safety & Health Specialist, Global Transmission
Posted: Sep 14, 2020
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 14942
Job Title : Safety & Health Specialist, Global Transmission
Location : VRTLME
Business Unit Sector : COR-POWER-SHARED SERVICES
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
This is a mid-level position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Project Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Procedures. This position performs basic safety and health functions of mid-level complexity.
- Conducts employee and subcontractor project site safety orientations.
- Conducts detailed construction site safety and health inspections.
- Implements project security programs and procedures.
- Performs record keeping / filing functions.
- Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations and root cause analysis. Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
- Completes all appropriate client/owner safety and health program documents.
- May act as on site first aid provider.
- Communicates with company and client worker’s compensation manager.
- Acts in capacity of a “lead person ” Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
- Participates in incident reviews and provides technical input.
- Reports to the site EH&S Manager and Construction Manager
- Ensures Black & Veatch professionals understand and comply with all B&V safety policies