Futureguard Building Products Inc. is in Auburn, ME and is a fast-growing national manufacturer of awnings and sunscreen room systems. We provide products under multiple brand labels, including NuImage Awnings, GuardRite and SummerSpace. Our production facility houses powder coating, CNC milling, sewing, roll-forming, glass cutting and tempering and product assembly along with many other operations. Our sales force operates regionally to better serve the entire USA. We also operate NuImage Custom Solutions which manufactures and installs a wide range of commercial and residential products throughout New England.
We are a family value-centered employer with a hands-on work environment. We encourage and hire high performing individuals that have initiative and a can-do attitude to promise our customers the best in the industry.
This position will provide vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the development of a cost-effective department while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the HR organization. Based on business needs, negotiate priorities and support requirements with Departments functional staff and others as appropriate. Build and maintain a strong functional company through effective recruiting, benefits,compensation, performance management, employee relations, safety and rewards and recognition.
- Recruiting: Responsible for building strong partnerships throughout the organization; identifying and implementing effective recruiting strategies. This position will build and implement effective recruiting processes for a fast-paced organization including sourcing, selection, hiring, and on-boarding. Within the companies of Futureguard this position will also learn how to transfer resources to other areas when they are overwhelmed with their business and then work with managers to put them back to their normal functions.
- Training: Perform all annual required training and ongoing training that will improve staff and efficiencies.
- Compensation/Performance Management: Directs activities of the philosophy, programs and policies in compensation planning, job evaluation, and salary administration. Oversees analysis of market salary data, market trends, government regulations and corporate policies to establish performance appraisal process, pay ranges and merit increase guidelines.
- Employee Relations: Responsible for managing the employee relations for the company. Provides expertise and consulting services and ensures legal and regulatory compliance is maintained and company policies are applied.
- Safety/Workers Comp: The responsibilities include but are not limited to proving guidance and direction for management and staff, acting as a role model, evaluating and monitoring all safety models both in the office and plant. Providing safety training and other aspects of safety and health while managing the relationships with all employees for safety purposes.
- Rewards & Recognition: Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, budgeting, and communication of our rewards and recognition incentives to meet organizational objectives.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Must have a BS degree in HR or Business Management or equivalent work experience
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Must have 5+ years’ experience managing several aspects of Human Resources
- A role model, leading by example, and maintaining a positive, open and friendly and respectful attitude, with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Someone with excellent judgment, who listens well, implements effective, efficient solutions to problems and naturally earns the respect necessary to implement changes to better the institution
- A strategic thinker who will develop creative ways to use the Human Resources function to improve the organization and to meet the organization’s strategic goals, as they may change over time
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties with a positive outcome.
- Excellent project management skills
- Must pass a successful background investigation and pre-employment physical.
Futureguard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.